What We’ve Heard
The Maryland Department of Planning conducted its first round of community outreach for A Better Maryland, the new state development plan, between November 2017 and May 2018. We held Listening Session meetings for elected officials, local government staff, and the community in all 23 Maryland counties and Baltimore City.
Questions Asked To Facilitate Discussion
- What are some barriers to planning in your communities/jurisdictions?
- What type of planning resources or technical assistance would you like to have to support good planning and a high quality of life in your community?
- How can the State of Maryland improve coordination with local jurisdictions and with other state agencies to support good planning and a high quality of life in your community?
- What should be in a State Development Plan? How should it be organized? How can it maintain its utility over the years?
- What else do you think we should know about your communities/jurisdictions and about how we can do our job better?
We are sharing the remarks and responses that we hear at each of these sessions on this page as they come available. Also see the Online A Better Maryland Survey Results.
Online Survey Results
For those who were unable to attend one of our listening sessions, an online survey was open from the fall of 2017 through the spring of 2018. The Results of the A Better Maryland Survey have been posted on the site.
The comments on the above pages represent the statements or points of view of one or more individuals who participated in the Maryland Department of Planning (MDP) “A Better Maryland” Development Plan Listening Sessions. These comments do not represent any official position or policy of MDP or any other State agency, nor do they represent any official position or policy of any local jurisdiction or local planning agency.
Strong community turnout in Silver Spring for Planning’s meeting on the new state development plan, A Better MD. pic.twitter.com/8UfxiLemFe
— MD Dept of Planning (@MdDPlanning) April 16, 2018