What We’ve Heard
The Maryland Department of Planning is conducting community outreach for A Better Maryland, the new state development plan. We will hold Listening Session meetings for elected officials, local government staff, and the community in each Maryland County and Baltimore City.
Questions Asked To Facilitate Discussion
- What are some barriers to planning in your communities/jurisdictions?
- What type of planning resources or technical assistance would you like to have to support good planning and a high quality of life in your community?
- How can the State of Maryland improve coordination with local jurisdictions and with other state agencies to support good planning and a high quality of life in your community?
- What should be in a State Development Plan? How should it be organized? How can it maintain its utility over the years?
- What else do you think we should know about your communities/jurisdictions and about how we can do our job better?
We are sharing the remarks and responses that we hear at each of these sessions on this page as they come available.
If you were unable to attend one of these listening sessions and you want to provide input, please take our online survey.