A Better Maryland
The Maryland Department of Planning Invites you to Discuss
A Better Maryland!
Starting this fall and continuing throughout the winter of 2018, the Maryland Department of Planning (Planning) will be conducting community outreach for A Better Maryland, the new state development plan. This effort will consist of a series of Listening Session Events in each Maryland County and Baltimore City, including the following meetings at each location.
- Local planners and other government staff
- Elected and appointed officials
- Members of the public and other interested parties
All meetings will be open and available to anyone, but discussion will center around the specific audience. See our Listening Session page for dates and details.
The following themes will guide A Better Maryland
- Listening: Planning wants to hear from the public, local governments, state agencies and other stakeholders about how A Better Maryland can be a valuable resource at all levels
- Identify Local Priorities: The issues and information that should be included in A Better Maryland
- Identify Information Needs: The state and local data, resources, and assistance that are needed to achieve local goals
A Better Maryland will seek input from local governments, state agencies, Maryland residents, and others; enriching the lives of all Marylanders and serving as a valuable resource for years to come.
To learn more about this effort and how you can get involved, contact:
Director of Planning Coordination
Maryland Department of Planning
Download the A Better Maryland flyer